In part 1 and part 2, we spoke about the project’s architecture and how we’re going to use it in the VPN application project. I want to stand out here to say that I wanted to write these articles for educational purposes only, where I have started this project to learn and apply design patterns and clean architectures. My goal was to create a functional application and submit it to the store, but, at the same time, I apply what I was learning.
The project is old, and I didn’t really put so much effort to maintain it where my philosophy on what clean code is and the best approach to apply clean architecture changed. But still, I find this project interesting for me and I hope you found it the same.
It has been a long time since I didn’t write any articles on medium, but as I promised I will continue writing a series of articles to cover all the technical steps required to build a real solid VPN application for iOS with a working server. Before we continue I want to share with you the latest revenue of this application:
Sharing the revenue for the last 12 months
To keep transparency on how much I made from this VPN application, I wanted to share with you the revenue report for the past year. The app is now 3 years old since its first release on the app store, and only a few updates were needed to fix minor bugs with iOS 15 and update GAD (google analytics SDK)
You may wonder why this app is making that amount of money. To be clear, in the market, there are tons of VPN applications, so in order to stand up and let the user notice your application, you will have to run some ad campaigns. I usually run an ads campaign when I notice that revenue and DAU are going low. I won’t get into the techniques of the ad campaign used on this app, simply because I’m not an expert in this field.
In Part 1 we elaborated on how to establish a VPN connection on the client-side, which is the iOS device in our case, and how to use DI to create a DataLogic layer to set up the requirements and handle the…